This is the most recent piece of house art that I have done. It is an imaginative rendering of a house on the Broad Street Green in Wethersfield. I wonder if the owners would recognize their antique white farm house now? Anyhow, I thought the house come out okay, but I am not skilled at drawing a veritable forest of towering trees , not yet at any rate!
Okay, so maybe I only found ten instead of 11, I am not certain any more. Frankly it takes me a good hour to discover and vet each site so I give up. I cannot take this any longer, so I am going to simply have to leave the requirements for the award as it is, and say, I did my best. I really did. And you will have to accept that. So here are my ten or eleven nomines for the on-going Liebster Award. They are in absolutely no order of preference except for my computer’s having a mind of its own and ordering them the way it chose by its lonesome.
http://claireahriana.com for her brand new site Cooking as Medicine (nothing much there yet, but it sounds so promising…And the phrase “food is medicine” just clicks because it has enormous significance to me, coming out of my own past)
http://chadpotts.wordpress.com My Rollercoaster Life with bipolar illness
http://milerunner.me run a mile day and you will feel on top of the world…Exercise has its perks and peak experiences!
http://todadwithlove.wordpress.com Vera Poh’s lovely literary blog
http://uneasyawakening.com Bipolar Musings
http://greenwake.wordpress.com a sustainable experiment with living as green and economically with the earth as possible. Go for it!
http://blueowltreats.wordpress.com outdoorsy 24 year old post-grad living in beautiful Vancouver, BC recently started this blog to share her love for baking and crafting
http://thevegangreen.com amazing no sugar raw brownie recipe, among others.
http://carlynnforst.wordpress.com “the fancies of a working artist”
http://mindwithoutahome.com a poet with alcoholism and history of schizophrenia, with a memoir coming out in August
And here are the questions these bloggers need to answer:
- What is your name and what name would you choose if you could have given yourself your dream name, and why?
- If you were a multi-billionaire, like Bill Gates or Warren Buffett, what do you think you would do with your money? (Dream big!)
- Apple or pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving? Or do you abstain?
- If you work, what do you do and would you rather be doing something else?
- If you do not work, what are you doing instead, and if you would prefer to be working, what is your dream job?
- Everyone has stolen something in their lives…For instance, I stole sand from Mrs Pappas’s beach at Wequaket lake when I was about five. Six red plastic pails full in fact, and she had a fit and almost called the police but her sand was so very white and soft and ours was nasty and full of seaweed. Luckily, my father was not impressed and just laughed at her…Anyhow, what did you steal and why and what happened?
- What was your most powerful learning experience. Was it in school or on your own, outside of school. What did you learn and has it served you well to learn it?
- Have you ever experienced an amazing coincidence, met an angel, had a miracle or something along those lines? Many people have and are happy to talk about it, If you are one of them, I would love to hear your story.
Alternate to 8, if the answer to above is No:
8a. Why blog? I mean this. Why does anyone blog when there are apparently more than 4 billion blogs out there competing for attention. I would like to know..
9. What is more important, Truth or Kindness. Yes, I know you can be truthful and also kind, but this is my Leibster Award and I get to ask the question. So you have to choose one or the other and tell me why you chose the one you did. Truth OR Kindness
10.What are your core values in life
11. If you could make everyone in the world do one thing, change one behavior or exchange one material good for another, what would it be, and why.
Finally here is a recap of the rules for the Liebster Award in general, so the Nominees can be sure they know what to do.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Wow, I finally did it, I finished the Liebster Award requirements. I thought I never would. Apologies to any of my own nominees upon whom this places too big a burden. You need not accept the crown! Now, to find that blasted Icon and see if I can get it to paste onto my front page. I do not think I can get the image widget to work, it has never worked properly alas, so I don’t think it will now. But I can try. It would be nice if the Leibster Award Badge would post after I went to all the trouble of finishing the award requirements! If not, well, so be it but what a shame.
A lot is going on now, ever since I’ve been back in town after my vacation in North Carolina visiting my brother. I will write more later.