I thought jill’s post was marvelous. She succeeds at a lot that i only aim at…but i should not put myself down. I have not achieved nothing, have i?. Nevertheless, i wanted to reblog her thoughts because she stated something so brilliantly, i just thought you should hear it from someone, even if it is not from me.
Jill's Experiences with Mental Health , Stigma, Alzheimer's Disease, Grief & Grieving & serenade2seniors
A long time ago, I attended a support group entitled; Stop making yourself unhappy. And it left an indelible impression on me. We all go through times of sadness but there is a difference between experiencing a period of sadness or not coming out of it.
- I learned that I had to move forward.
- I learned that life does not automatically give me what I wish for.
- I learned to believe in myself and to give up the idea that I could control my destiny.
- I learned how to smile and enjoy the scenery on the way to wherever I was going.
- I learned that we all make mistakes sometimes, and although I might feel that things might be running smoothly at present, it won’t always be that way.
- I learned that failure is part of growth.
- I learned that worthwhile goals take persistence and a great deal of work.
View original post 179 more words